What time is it? It is time to draw a line in the sand. It is time to get up, get out and get busy. Volunteers are needed. The McCormick County Democratic Party needs YOU! Let's get to work, we must identify and elect Democrats!
Here are a few ways that you can help.
- Attend monthly meetings, contribute your insights and volunteer as requested.
- Attend Democratic Women monthly meetings for discussion, information and sharing.
- Join Writer’s Group to learn areas of need for writing articles and letters to Congressional representatives.
- Invite a friend to come to a meeting with you.
- Participate in parades (Gold Rush and Christmas), booth at the Gold Rush festivities, fish fry and pot luck dinners.
- Find ways to help our support of the students in McCormick: attend sports events, concerts. The Democratic Party supports student athletes by hosting a banner on an annual basis.
LEARN MORE ON OUR WEBSITE AT SCDP.ORG
WE NEED PRECINCT PRESIDENTS
Precincts are the backbone of the Democratic Party. Precinct presidents are the “boots on the ground” soldiers who get information to the rest of us. Living in neighborhoods with other precinct members, the presidents have a more specific knowledge of their member needs.
Precinct President Sign Up
Your help is needed to organize every precinct. This will help the Democratic Party expand the electorate, identify volunteers, and build a community among Democrats in your neighborhood. To do this, we need your help. We have several precincts across McCormick County not currently organized.
If a precinct doesn’t have any precinct officers currently serving, the County Party Chair may nominate an individual to serve as Precinct President for election by the County Party Executive Committee.
The Precinct President’s responsibilities include:
• Recruiting others to help with the work of the Precinct organization, such as identifying and turning out Democratic voters.
• See that lists of Officers and Delegates are submitted to the County Party.
• Assist the County Party to put together the next Precinct organizational meeting held each even numbered year.
If the position of Precinct President in your precinct is vacant and you would be interested in serving, please complete the following information. Immediately below is the list of precincts without a president as of August 2016.
If you are willing to serve as a precinct president in any of the 11 McCormick precincts, please fill out this form and email it to: Joan Stockton at firstname.lastname@example.org
AL CONVENTION WILL BE JULY 13-16, 2020HE 2020 DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL CONVENTION